Paddle 2 Fitness Staff
Since 2009, Paddle 2 Fitness has helped hundreds of paddler with technique, fitness or goal achievement. P2F coaches are all trained by head coach Julian Norton-Smith and all local areas run off the same P2F program. This brings consistency to all the P2F areas and when a paddler travels to an area where there is another P2F squad they can simply join in and not miss any sessions.
- Started in Martch 2009
- Over 400 paddlers helps
- 2011 P2F Coolangatta Gold Squad – 7 athletes
- 2011-2012 Surf Ski Coach – Mermaid SLSC
- 2011 – Launch first ever paddling franchise business in Coffs Coast
- 2009-2010 Surf Ski Coach – Kurrawa Surf Life Saving Club
- Kayak/Canoe Coach – Currumbin Creek Canoe Club
- Queensland & Australian Canoeing Presenter for Level 1 & 2 Coaching Courses
- Queensland Surf Life Saving Presenter for Coaching Course
Spanning a career of over 20 years in both sprint canoeing (kayaking) and surf life saving, Julian is proud to have been named as one of Australia’s top athletes winning national and international medals for both his country and his personal clubs. Adding to this, he has raced in 2 marathons around the world (Gold Coast, London) and trained for New York. Click here to read more.
Alex started as a P2F scholarship athlete in 2010 and we saw a rapid acceleration in his paddling ability and overall knowledge in the sport of paddling. While still competing in kayaks, surf life saving and finishing off year 12, Alex has now begin his coaching accreditation through P2F which will see him assist both Julian and Matt with future coaching clinics, demo days and introducing younger athletes to P2F and paddling. Click here to read more.